Lawndale4912 Main St, Houston, TX 77002, USA
Free parking is available behind the building at the corner of Travis and Rosedale.
The entrance is located right off the main parking lot behind the building.
Lawndale is located within the Houston Museum District and the Midtown Cultural Arts and Entertainment District at the corner of Main and Rosedale streets, just north of The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston.
Admission & Hours
Admission to Lawndale is always free.
Galleries are open by appointment Thursdays – Saturdays from 11 AM – 5 PM, with limited walk-ins available. Click here to learn more about the exhibitions on view.
We welcome current Members to book a Library appointment throughout the week during office hours to view the Lawndale Lending Library, our arts lending library featuring the work of local and regional contemporary artists. The artwork in our Library collection is now available to our Household and Studio Circle Level Members to borrow and purchase. For more information about Lawndale Membership and our Lending Library, click here or contact Emily Fens at [email protected].
In compliance with recommended guidelines from the CDC and government officials, visitors are required to follow the below protocols and procedures:
- Masks are required for ages 6 and above.
- Limit occupancy to 6 individuals, including children, per appointment
- Follow physical distancing, remaining > 6′ apart from individuals not in your appointment group
- Pre-screened self and those in groups; if sick or show any possible symptoms, visitors are required to stay home.
- Practice standard preventative measures (including by not limited to thorough hand washing and sanitizing, hygienic covering of coughs, etc.)
Lawndale is committed to providing a safe experience for all visitors, staff, and artists. Please note that Lawndale will provide the following:
- Contactless entry and exit into the building
- Properly disinfected high-touch surfaces
- Touchless hand soap and sanitizer available
- Pre-screened health of staff, requiring them to stay home if feel sick
Additionally, Lawndale is in compliance with
The METRORail Wheeler Station is approximately 3 blocks from Lawndale.
Bike racks and a BCycle bike sharing station are located next to Lawndale’s building off of Travis and Main streets, respectively.
Lawndale’s galleries may be accessed from the main, handicap accessible entrance located off of the parking lot directly behind the building.
Please note that the entrance off of Main Street is closed until further notice.
Free, convenient parking is available in Lawndale’s parking lot, located directly behind the building at the corner of Travis and Rosedale.
Free, but limited, on-street parking is available on the surrounding streets (restrictions enforced).
Bring your group to Lawndale! Guided and self-guided tours are available for groups and schools during gallery hours and by special appointment. For inquiries or to book a tour please contact email@example.com or call 713.528.5858.
Houston Travel Guide: Learn more about places to visit in Houston through KAYAK’s travel guide here.